Hi! I’m Erika,working mama, wife, and lover of all things pretty. I’m so excited to share the all-new Whiskey & Lace blog with you. My personal life is full of tulle, pastels, lace, and ruffles, and on the blog, you’ll get a glimpse of all that and more. Stay tuned for fashion tips, design tricks, and ah-mazing lifestyle advice from chic-minded ladies like you!
With that said, I’d love to share 15 facts you probably don’t know about me:
1. I’ve been married to my best friend and high school sweetheart, Mark, for 7 years now! We have a one-year-old boy named Austin – he’s the most special human being I have ever met.
2. I come from a big family…and it’s still growing. I am one of six children (I have four brothers and one sister), and they’re all my best friends. And between Mark’s family and my family, I have 23 nieces and nephews (to date!).
3. I have two tattoos. The bow on my left ankle represents my girly side and the heart on my left ring finger is for my hubby.
4. I’m obsessed with Sex and the City. I’ve seen every episode at least 50 times!
5. I live 50 miles north of San Francisco in a town called Santa Rosa, but San Francisco is my favorite city in the world. I love the energy, the people, the shopping, and the sound of the cable cars (yes, I know, I’m weird!).
6. My favorite color is light pink, but any pastel shade is a major YES in my book!
7. I would best describe my home décor style as shabby/rustic farmhouse/chic. I like to think of it as Restoration Hardware meets Shabby Chic.
8. Carrie Bradshaw and Lauren Conrad are my fashion icons.
9. My second favorite thing to do is travel (I’m going to share lots of my go-to destinations right here on the blog!).
10. My drink of choice is champagne, but my alter ego is a major whiskey fanatic.
11. My dream is to go to fashion week in New York. Seeing the designers I know and love in action has always been a #LifeGoal.
12. I’m a big believer that every gift should be sealed with a bow and wrapped so beautifully that the recipient can’t bear to open it because it’s so pretty.
13. Tulle, lace, ruffles, and peonies make me smile.
14. My girlfriends are my soul mates – I love to host parties to give us all a reason to celebrate!
15. I sign off all my letters, emails, and texts with “xo.”
Okay, enough about me. I’d love to hear more about you! Tell me something about yourself in the comment section below!