As the new year approaches and 2015 is coming to a close, I wanted to take a minute to thank each and every one of you for all of your support, love, and incredibly kind words.
To be totally honest with you, 2015 was one of the most challenging years I have ever endured. And while I’m so excited for 2016, I can’t help but look back on 2015 and recount everything that took place in the past year.
2015 has taught me the following:
- Family comes first.
- Sometimes the hardest decisions in life teach you the biggest lessons.
- It takes a strong person to say sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.
- Our mistakes do not define us.
- There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
- Motherhood is by far the most challenging job I have ever had, but it’s also the most rewarding, incredible thing I have ever experienced.
Now, because I am not a girl who likes to dwell in the past, I am so looking forward to 2016 and all that this new year has to offer. I am also not the biggest fan of resolutions because they typically last about 3 weeks for me. To take the pressure off, I instead like to focus on what I am hopeful for in the new year.
With that said, my 2016 goals are:
- To continue to give my readers content that inspires them weekly.
- To be more patient in my career, relationship, friendships, and as a mom.
- To trust more in the philosophy that “what is meant to be, will be.”
- Lastly, I think the biggest thing I’d like to accomplish in 2016 is the art of letting go. Letting go of the things I cannot control, letting go of trying to be the perfect mom, perfect wife, perfect sales rep, perfect blogger, and perfect friend. I want to trust that everything that happened in the past was meant to be, and everything that happens in the future is a new, exciting adventure.
This blog has given me new life, a new perspective, and new opportunities that I never dreamt imaginable. Without each and every one of you, this blog would not be where it is now.
Cheers to what was and cheers to all that this new year may bring. Much love to you and your families in 2016.