A couple of weeks ago many of you may have seen my Instastory regarding the fact that I got…dare I say it…BOTOX! It was pretty incredible how much conversation this started, good and bad. Now I know that getting Botox is usually not a subject people, bloggers specific, typically talk about and I am well aware of the fact that this is a little off the beaten path for me. However, I think it’s best to be honest with all of you about that procedures I do.
Let me start off by saying that I know this may not be for everyone and that is 100% okay. For the ladies on the fence about whether or not to start getting Botox this post is for you. I was in a little bit of denial about the fact that I needed Botox and my photographer was nice enough to point out that it may be time to try it out. Yes she’s that honest and I love her for it. And after trying for literally years to use topical lotions (spending literally thousands of dollars) with honestly not much luck, I decided it was time to try it out.
So off to the Allegro MedSpa I went. Nervous at first but also so excited. The first thing they do when you go in is talk to you about what wrinkles you’d like to see no longer appear. I was really insecure about the ones on my forehead and made it a point to tell the doctor that I didn’t want to look frozen. I really wanted to look natural l and still have a little movement in my face. She also answered the hundred questions I had for her which completely helped settle my nerves. Here are some that I got answered:
- Is Botox really toxic/bad for you: No, if it is administered by a licensed professional. There is apparently such a small amount that you are injecting into your system that it is not enough to be harmful.
- What benefits does Botox have: It’s preventative! It will help prolong the aging process bc it’s literally freezing your muscle and keeping it getting more wrinkles.
- What are other things people use Botox for other than wrinkles? All sorts of things!
- It can help people who suffer from chronic migraines.
- It can calm excessive underarm sweating!
- It can diffuse esophageal spasms.
- Botox parties, do you suggest people go about getting Botox in this way? I don’t suggest going about getting Botox this way. It’s hard to tell if the persona administering it is licensed to. It also isn’t legal so I would suggest heading to a plastic surgeon office to get it done.
- How much is it to get Botox? It can vary from place to place and is typically charged by the unit. Here at Allegro MedSpa we charge $15 a unit.
- How many units do you typically inject? Everyone is different but most people get anywhere from 20-40 units.
- Does it hurt? Some people experience some discomfort and say it feels like a bee sting. We try and be as gentle as possible to avoid pain.
- When will I start noticing a difference in my appearance? Everyone is a little different but most patients starting seeing a difference in the first 3-5 days. At the two week point after the injection is when you will notice the peak in the results and then from there it typically starts to decrease.
- How long does Botox last? For each person it’s a little different because some peoples body process’ it faster than others. However for most it lasts anywhere from 3-6 months.
- Are there any side effects to injecting Botox? Some patients experience muscle weakness near the injection site, bruising, pain, redness, swelling, headache, fever, dizziness.
Then it was time to get started. I was given a stress ball to help with pain and then the poking began. To be honest, for me, it didn’t hurt that bad, at all! It felt like a little pinch. It took under 5 minutes and we were done! Easy peasy! After we were done I did experience some swelling but it started to go down after 10 minutes or so. I also experienced a slight headache but it went away in under an hour.
It’s been a week and half since I have had it done and I have noticed a MAJOR difference. Literally my wrinkles have vanished. Will I be doing it again in the future? HELL YES because it works! Hope you found this post helpful and please let me know your thoughts on Botox below!
Thank you so much to Allegro MedSpa for sponsoring this post!