Hydrangeas are by far one of my most favorite flowers! I love how they instantly brighten up a room! However, after a few days, these beautiful blooms often start to droop, so I did a little research and actually found a way to bring them back to life! The best part? It totally works!
- The second* you start to see the flowers wilt, boil some water on the stove.
- Dump the old water from the vase that the hydrangeas were in, wash the vase, and refill with fresh water.
- Once the water boils, pour the water into a Pyrex bowl.
- Cut the stems of the hydrangeas about an inch up the stem.
- Stick them into the hot water for at least 1 minute.
- Stick them back into the vase and in about an hour, your hydrangeas will look as good as new!
*Important Note: if the Hydrangeas are too far past the beginning wilt stage, this trick may not work, so be sure to keep your eyes on the flowers daily. I have been able to keep some of my Hydrangeas alive for almost 3 weeks! Let me know if this trick works for you!