Let’s be honest here: there’s nothing better than a good pairing of wine and cheese. When hosting, my go-to is always a huge cheese board with lots of bottles of wine on the side. But while this pairing is always a crowd pleaser, there wine and cheese aisle can be a little daunting sometimes – which is where I come in.
First, let’s start with 3 different wines. Bear Flag is a local winery in Sonoma County and I must say the quality of their wines for the price is worth it! They are not only affordable, but they’re delicious as well!
Here are the Bear Flag wines I’m pairing with my cheese plate:
1. Bear Flag Zinfandel: This wine is so bold, it literally bursts in your mouth! ! It has hints of vanilla and blueberries, making it pair perfectly with a blue cheese! It’s only $25 and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
2. Bear Flag Cabernet Sauvignon: This wine is packed with fruit and is so smooth on your tongue! It opens with yummy notes of raspberries, cherry jam, and fruit and finishes with notes of clove and butterscotch! I paired this with a Manchego because it has more of a nutty flavor to help round out all the fruity notes. DELICIOUS!
3. Bear Flag Eureka! Red Blend: I’ve been really into blends lately and this one did not disappoint! This wine has a flavor of ripe plum meets s’mores (yep – yum!). I paired this with a round of goat cheese which was perfect mix of salty and sweet. Putting together a cheese plate is an art form for me. I like pops of colors, different options, and of course, other snack items added in. Here’s what I included:
* Fig Spread
* Charcuterie: such as Coppa, Salami, Prosciutto, etc.
* Fruit: Blood Oranges, grapes, Figs, etc.
* Sliced Baguette
* Greenery (not to eat, just for a pretty factor): eucalyptus, rosemary, olive leaves.
Ready to conquer your next cheese and wine event? Thought so. If you recreate this cheese board and wine pairing, be sure and tag me on Instagram – I LOVE seeing how your Whiskey & Lace -inspired creations turn out!
Thank you so much to Bear Flag for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.