Does anyone else love an easy, healthy rice bowl recipe? I sure do! These Greek rice bowls are to die for and the leftovers are just as good! The ingredients are so simple and flavorful!
The main ingredients are chicken, tzatziki sauce, and a tomato cucumber topping. The marinade gives the chicken a great complimentary flavor as I like to make my tzatziki sauce a little more salty rather than tangy. The tomato cucumber topping can even be good as a weeknight salad alongside another dish. place it on a bed of some instant pot rice and you have a really tasty meal!
When I cook this I like to pair it with the Copain Wines Tidal Break Chardonnay as it has some of those lemon notes that are also in this dish.
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano and parsley
- Salt and pepper to your own liking
Cover two large chicken breasts in the ingredients above and marinade for 2 to 4 hours. Grill, BBQ, pan sear, or bake the chicken to your liking.
- 1/2 cucumber, halved with skin and seeds removed
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 juice from fresh lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the tzatziki sauce by grating the cucumber, gather the cucumber together and place in a paper towel, press the water out and place the cucumber in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the yogurt, garlic, red wine vinegar, fresh dill, onion powder, lemon juice, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
Tomato Cucumber Topping:
- 1 pint of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped and peeled cucumber
- Sliced red onion to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano to taste
Mix all ingredients into a medium bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Greek Instant Pot Rice:
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, fresh or dried dill, about a tablespoon of each
- Add all ingredients to instant pot (be sure the top is sealed) and set to manual for three minutes, once it is done let sit for four minutes, then release the pressure and serve.
- After making your ingredients, doctor up your bowl with the rice, chicken, tomato and cucumber topping, tzatziki sauce and don’t forget that extra feta!!