This Caprese chicken dish is so easy to make! The first time I made it, Mark said it was his favorite dish. It’s a traditional Italian-style dish and the ingredients are so simple that I can make it all in a cast iron pan. I found all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s which is another perk.
I marinated the boneless, skinless chicken thighs with Italian inspired seasonings (and of course onion powder—you know I love my onion powder). I enjoyed a glass of Capture Wines Sauvignon Blanc while I made this dish. It’s a crisp wine that compliments the chicken really well.
Cast Iron Caprese Chicken Ingredients:
- 1-2 pounds of chicken thighs or breast
- 1 container Trader Joe’s Caprese sauce
- Italian seasonings: rosemary, oregano, thyme
- Onion powder
- Trader Joe’s pre sliced mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
How to make the dish:
- Marinade the chicken for 4 to 6 hours before cooking by drizzling with extra virgin olive oil and seasonings. The seasonings include the onion powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil or avocado oil in a cast iron pan, brown each side of the chicken in the pan. Once both sides are brown pour the Trader Joe’s Caprese sauce over it and then cover each chicken thigh with mozzarella. Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with rice and green beans.