I know a lot of you are always looking for quick recipes that you can meal prep. I thought this would be the perfect one to share with you since you can add it to a ton of different meals throughout the week. I add this poached chicken breast to salads, enchiladas, chicken salad, wraps, and sandwiches and it’s soooo tasty!
It’s swear it’s really simple to put together yet will save you so much time during busy weeks. Enjoy!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- Seasonings (bay leaves, garlic, parsley, salt)
- Pull out your chicken breasts and let rest on the counter for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add water to a medium and shallow saucepan.
- Add the juice of two lemons to the water and add the used lemons into the water.
- Add your favorite herbs like a bay leaf, garlic, parsley, and salt to the water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the chicken breasts and bring back to a boil.
- Once it comes back to a boil, cover the pan, and turn the pan off.
- Let it sit for 45 min.
Boom — that’s it! It’s so insanely simple yet gives you prepped, ready-to-eat chicken to enjoy all week!