There are few things I love more than a well made sandwich. I’m a frequent customer at the local delis in Sonoma County and I regularly whip up sandwiches for lunch. They’re so easy to make, require very few ingredients, and they always hit the spot. It’s an added perk that my kids like them too.
One of my go-to sandwiches to make at home is a BLT. It might seem silly to share this with you since the recipe is so straightforward, but I swear that if you follow this, you’ll make the absolute best BLT out there.
The secret is to only toast one side of the bread so that your sandwich stays soft. Trust me, it’s a game changer.
I’m also sharing my lemon garlic aioli recipe, which will add such great flavor to your BLT. Be prepared to make this sandwich on repeat!
How to Make the Best BLT Sandwich
- Sourdough bread
- Heirloom or slicer tomato
- Butter lettuce
- Bacon (I love the organic Applegate Bacon)
- ½ cup mayo
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ juice of lemon
- Salt, pepper, onion powder
- Sliced cucumber (optional)
- Make the lemon garlic aioli by combining mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.
- Take your sliced sourdough bread and toast ONLY ONE SIDE (this is important because it will keep your bread soft) on a griddle or cast iron pan.
- Smear the aioli on the bread and then add your bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Season the tomato on your sandwich with salt and pepper.
- I love to add extra crunch to my sandwich by adding some sliced cucumbers.
- Slice in half and enjoy!