If you need a good weeknight dinner recipe that will please a crowd, this Instant Pot chicken chili verde is the perfect fit. It’s so insanely easy to throw this together, and I love that you don’t need to run to the store for a ton of ingredients.
It always turns out so tasty and my kids are big fans of it — which is always a win! You can use the shredded chicken on salads, tacos, or like I did over a bed of rice. Top with sour cream, cheese, avocado, cilantro, and pickled onions to complete it. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Chili Verde Recipe
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1/2 packet siete mild taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt and onion powder
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s verde salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- Sauté onion in your Instant Pot until translucent and then add two cloves crushed garlic and sauté for one more min. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add chicken on top of onions and add seasonings to coat chicken.
- Add the salsa and water and coat chicken on both sides.
- Put the top back on the Instant Pot and then set it to manual for 10 min. Once done, let it naturally release for at least 10 min.
- Remove lid and use two forks or a hand mixer and shred the chicken.